VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suppose it's a good thing I tested my script to see if it was generating what I thought it was. But now I'm in a fairly large hurry (only so much time available to render the video) and can't spend the several hours it'd probably take to figure out what I did wrong.

Got a video that's 1080p @ 59.94fps. Need to render it as Bluray-compliant 1080i @ 29.97fps, top field first of course. I was using this:

DirectShowSource("video.avi")
    AssumeFrameBased
    ConvertToYV12()
    # Needed for x264 compliance
    SeparateFields
    SelectEvery(4, 0,3)
    Weave()

It was generating 1080i video, sure enough. But since I am paranoid, I decided to test things a bit. First I added VirtualDub's deinterlacing filter so I could see the two fields side-by-side. Something was immediately fishy as it looked like the field order was backwards. To be certain, I rendered a small test clip and then used good old QTGMC:

AviSource("small_int_test_clip1.avi")
    AssumeTFF
    ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
    QTGMC(preset="Fast", sharpness=0.5)

Sure enough, the deinterlaced video exhibited field order reversal. And since I pulled the 60p->60i code from the net and every resource I've located suggests it should be correct, I really don't know how to fix it. Blah. ;p
    Quote Quote  
  2. you forgot to use assumetff in the first script , so avisynth automatically assumes bff, unless otherwise specified

#60p video
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4, 0, 3)
    Weave()

If you have an AVI video, use AVISource instead of Directshowsource . Directshow can cause many issues, isn't necessarily frame accurate, and inconsistent
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If you have an AVI video, use AVISource instead of Directshowsource . Directshow can cause many issues, isn't necessarily frame accurate, and inconsistent
    Ah yes, that. I was assuming that Avisource couldn't handle v210 from PPro (as it couldn't in the past). I suppose I can thank Drastic Codecs for its newfound compatibility.
    Quote Quote  
  4. or ffms2
    Quote Quote