VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,

I have a problem with the DVD Authoring software that I'm using right now called "Womble EasyDVD". I've recently downloaded the latest version (1.0.1.25).
    Right after I started encoding my DVD project I wanted to Stop it because I forgot to add something in the project. After pressing Stop the program froze so I used the ALT+Cltrl+Delete to open Task manager and end task Womble Easy DVD.
    When I tried to re-open my project the program froze and just remained at "Please Wait". So I End tasked it again from the Task manager. When I re-opened the program it gave me the same problem again so I decided to restart my laptop. After restarting, I tried once again and a message was displayed saying that "Womble EasyDVD stopped working". It gave me the option of looking for solutions online but nothing was being displayed but instead it just closed the program

I've tried re-installing it but it won't fix the problem. Details on the "Womble EasyDVD stopped working" message says that it was some sort of 'APPCRASH' error. I had a look online for the problem and according to Microsoft's support website a 'clean boot' can fix it but however it did not solve this problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	womble.png
Views:	358
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	7788

Has anyone had this problem with their DVD Authoring software before?

EDIT: This happens everytime I open the program from now on wards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would uninstall the program using Revo Uninstaller, making sure to remove all registry and drive entries for it. reboot the machine, then try re-installing. There is a good chance that because of the interruption to processing, the project you had is corrupt and will have to be rebuilt from scratch. It might be that this is what the problem is now. Have you tried a new project to see if that works ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    I would uninstall the program using Revo Uninstaller, making sure to remove all registry and drive entries for it. reboot the machine, then try re-installing. There is a good chance that because of the interruption to processing, the project you had is corrupt and will have to be rebuilt from scratch. It might be that this is what the problem is now. Have you tried a new project to see if that works ?
    Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, I have tried starting a new project and when ever I try to use the program to upload a video or create a menu page it will suddenly tell me that the program has stopped working. I don't think that its my project file's fault. I think its the program that's been corrupted
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Revo, Reboot, Reinstall
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's Revo?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Revo Uninstaller. It is a freeware uninstall tool that cleans up after the program uninstalls. It makes sure all the registry entries and folders left behind get cleaned up.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks for the suggestion. I will try that program.
    Quote Quote