VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Odd problem. I have a few videos that I converted to Lagarith on my laptop. They play OK in Virtualdub, but they won't play in MPC (from KLCP 7.2). When I try to load them in Sony Vegas 7.0a the audio shows but not the video. I am trying to view them on a separate machine - they play OK on the laptop.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any ideas anyone ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Reinstall the Lagarith codec and get the last version of MPC or MPC-HC.
    I haven't it install on my machine before. Had a try : I downloaded it and did a manual setup. I converted a portion of video file and don't touch the Lagarith settings (all default). The new video plays back OK with MPC-HC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I uninstalled the entire K-Lite Codec Pack and Lagarith. I rebooted, redownloaded them and reinstalled.

I tried to play my existing Lagarith videos - "the following pins failed to find a connectable filter" filename::vid

The I loaded one of the same videos into Virtualdub (which plays them fine) and converted it to HuffyUV. When I tried to play the resulting video in MPC, again it gave me the same error shown above. However, when i converted it to DivX, MPC then played the resulting video with no problems.

Any idea how I make the Lagarith videos play in MPC ?
    (thanks for your help by the way ! much appreciated)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the internal "source Filter" of MPC and tick the AVI "source filter". You must have the last DirectX version installed too to work with MPC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by titigrom View Post
    Check the internal "source Filter" of MPC and tick the AVI "source filter". You must have the last DirectX version installed too to work with MPC.
    You ROCK

Thanks !
    Quote Quote