VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am a newbie to videos and DVD authoring, please help, and keep it simple please.
    I have a Toshiba Video Camera and I can download .avi files to my pc. I also have Ashampoo Burning Studio 10, that allows me to put the avi files onto a DVD.
    It was all working well untill I done a full Windows 7 Pro re-install.
    When I now try to Add Movie files to my Ashampoo project, I get an error message. "The movie could not be loaded. possibly, the format is not supported because the codec is missing on your system or the file is corrupted"
    I have downloaded and installed the Divx 3.11 alpha Codec but have no idea what to do with it, can someone please explain where I go from here.
    David Priest
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need the Divx 3.11 alpha codec, as the Toshiba (which model?) probably didn't record using that codec. Not every AVI is DivX.
    Find out which codec is used by the Toshiba, by reading the manual or by letting MediaInfo or GSpot examine the AVI file. It will likely say the H.264 video codec is used.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am so impressed and pleased, thank you so much for such a quick simple and accurate reply.
    It all works perfectly, thanks again
    David
    Quote Quote