VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Recently I bought Sony 32EX520 LED TV but I am not able to play .MKV file via USB drive while other video format i.e. .AVI and MP4 are playing without any issue.

Pls suggest me some option to convert MKV to AVI or MP4.

I have already tried lots of video file converter but they all takes huge time in conversion and file size becomes hugs in aprox 2GB, 4GB etc.

AVIDEMUX: its good in some case but in many case there is huge time lag in visual and audio after conversion.

I know your guys are genus here as far as video help is concern. Pls help me too.

--
    PREM SONI
    Premsoni4u@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    XmediaRecode. Load the mkv. Set the output to MP4. Set the Video and Audio modes to copy (tick box at the bottom of the Video config tab, selection in the drop down for audio), add the job to the queue, then process. Should take only a couple of minutes, should remain around the same size, and won't re-encode. What you will lose is embedded subs, but you can grab these from the mkv file with mkvextract and put them with your mp4 file on the USB drive.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    XmediaRecode. Load the mkv. Set the output to MP4. Set the Video and Audio modes to copy (tick box at the bottom of the Video config tab, selection in the drop down for audio), add the job to the queue, then process. Should take only a couple of minutes, should remain around the same size, and won't re-encode. What you will lose is embedded subs, but you can grab these from the mkv file with mkvextract and put them with your mp4 file on the USB drive.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I tried XmediaRecode but Video file more than 1 GB, after converting in MP4 format, are not playing on my Sony TV on USB drive.
    Pls suggest some other way to do so.
    Quote Quote