VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I recently captured several (50+) DV tapes into AVI Type 1 files using WinDV. While capturing, I had WinDV create a new file each time the time code was disrupted, indicating the camera was paused. This gave me several hundred clip files, named by time code, making it very easy to identify groups of clips that were taken on a particular day or time of day...

Using TMPGnc Express 4.0, I loaded all of the clips for a particular outing and then applied a Fade In and Fade Out filter to both the video and audio for each clip. (TMPGnc Express supports Group Filtering.) I then encoded all the clips into a single video file.

I'm very happy with the results as I now have nice transitions between scenes and would like to do this to all of the video I've captured. The problem is, it is very tediously manual and time consuming to do this with TE4, especially since I haven't figured out a way to avoid re-encoding the final single stream to file.

I'd like to find a way to batch process a group of files within a folder into a single file, but after a lot of searching here and on the internet, really haven't found what I'm looking for. I started to look at avisynth but the learning curve seems very high...
    Has anyone out there done something similar or has some ideas for me?
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Ok... have figured out how to use avisynth in conjunction with TMPGnc Xpress and not only figured how to simplify what I intended to do, but also discovered so much more I could do via avisynth. Incredible tool.
    Quote Quote