VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. i'm a noob so i'm going to try to explain my situation as best as possible. i want to back up the special features from a 2-disc dvd set onto a single blank dvd. in the original, disc 1 holds the feature film along w/ a few extras; disc 2 holds a couple of extras & 15 trailers for unrelated movies. without the trailers the 2nd disc is only like 400 mb and i don't want to waste the extra space. so what i want to do is remove the film and trailers from the 2 discs, and put the special features from disc 1 onto an almost exact copy of disc 2 (sans trailers) with disc 1's extras menu intact. kind of like cut and paste the extras & its menu from disc 1 onto disc 2. i really want to keep the dvd structure as intact as possible. just replace the trailers menu with disc 1's extras menu.

the problem is, i have no idea what programs and actions i need to take in order to achieve this. can anyone help me here?

2. It sounds easy in theory but it's a fairly difficult project. One way is to demux all the extras you'll be keeping (or even create individual VOB files from them), extract the Menu screens as BMPs and then use those 'pieces' in an authoring program such as DVDAuthorGUI. The demuxing can be done in PGCDemux and the BMP extraction in a variety of programs (VDubMod, DGIndex, VobBlanker, etc.). One possible drawback is that the buttons won't be identical to the source DVDs, but the menu pictures will.

Another way will keep the menus intact but will require switching back and forth between the menus for the 2 different DVDs. In the process you'll also remove the movie and trailers and anything else you don't want from the DVDs. It uses DVDRemake which is a (very good) commercial program. There's a guide for that:

http://www.thepcaddict.com/dvdremake/importingdvdsandediting/index.htm

3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    lockonx-please do not double post,one thread is enough,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.