VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, Just joined and I am hoping you experts can help.
    I have a denon dvd 1000 and want to make it region free does anyone know how to do this.
    It's a great played and works fine I jst want to play some dvd form elsewhere and need region free.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No harm in asking and maybe you'll be one of the rare lucky ones who gets a positive response from a request like this. However most DVD players sold in North America cannot be unlocked. I did a quick check and no unlock codes have been reported for your player so the odds are that you will not be one of the lucky ones. But sometimes these requests do get codes months later so you might want to check back at some future date if a code doesn't show up in the next few days. I'm not sure but if there's an option under your account to notify you if threads you post to get updated, you might want to turn that on for this thread just in case.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks jman98.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    This works for me, but you have to change to the region that you require at each point after you have loaded the region disc you want to watch

Load disc
    Using remote
    Place unit in standby
    For region 1
    Press 1 - select - 1
    Then press standby to turn unit back on
    The unit will load looking for region 1 disc and play it

If u try to play another region disc the unit display will show " no play"
    Follow same method above to return to region 2 etc each time using the region number that you require in the string
    Quote Quote