VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I know you can use AVIdemux, but when I try it, the audio is out of sync. Is there a program that edits an MKV file as well as all the tracks including subtitles?
    Anime on Laserdisc is teh awesome
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not really, because MKV is not built for editing, and no serious editing tool will work with it. Try a couple of different version of AVI Demux and see if one works better than the others. Otherwise look at converting the mkv to something like m2ts (should be do-able without re-encoding) and see if you can work with that format instead. Of course the next issue you will face is that very few editors will work with H264 without re-encoding it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try using the Audio offset tool in AVIDeMux.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Virtualdub. There are two options. You will need the MKV plugin from fcchandler, aac plugin from fcchandler, x264vfw and MKVtoolnix (mkvmerge).

Option one: Make your cuts > choose Video > Compression > x264vfw > Smart Render > Audio > Direct Stream Copy > Save Avi > open AVI with MKVmerge and mux to MKV.

Option two: Open mkv in Virtualdub > move to first cut and note time (example: 0:00:13.019), move to last cut and note time (example:0:51:55.546). Open mkv in MKVmerge and choose Global > click Enable splitting > tick After time codes > enter 00:00:13.019,00:51:55.546 > under maximum number of files enter 3 > click Start muxing. Three files will be created. The intro, the movie and the credits.
    Quote Quote