VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm into claymation and I was wondering what the best free video editor is. I'd like to purchase one but my funds are low.

Thanks
    Garrett
    Quote Quote  
  2. What kind of editing are you doing? Just simple things like stringing together some stills ? cutting & appending? or more advanced things like transitions, overlays, etc.. ?

Do you need a timeline , with multiple tracks and audio timing ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. what i'm looking for is a good one for claymation.for free.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I want a one with the ability to add music and some video effects.not avs video editor.what's my best bet?
    Quote Quote  
  5. There aren't any good free editors, but you can try

videopad
    lightworks beta
    blender 's video sequence editor
    vlmc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My son uses monkeyjam for filming his stop motion animations, and at the moment uses windows movie maker for editing, although when he gets his new PC next year I will upgrade him to something better - probably Vegas Movie Studio.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. What about a generic one that does everything? i'm using windows media editor and I want more options. its very limited. =(
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I assume you mean Windows Movie Maker (WMM).

The problem you're running into is that "generic" and "does everything" are mutually exclusive. AKA NOTHING will fall into that category. Particularly when you add "FREE" to that list.

The more things it can do, the harder it will be to learn, and probably the more expensive it will get. You're at a 1 or 2 (WMM) and you want what? A 3 or 4? Then Vegas Movie Studio, Premiere Elements, Pinnacle Studio, Ulead VideoStudio, or Magix MovieEditPro would be your speed. But they ALL cost something and ALL take a little learning.

If it were me, I'd get something that has a little more under the hood and/or has a path towards heavier-duty editing (like the 1st 2 on the list).

Do also look into apps that are specifically geared toward Stop-Motion Animation & Claymation. Like Monkeyjam or StopMotionPro. Google "stop motion animation editing" and you can find a large list for that area.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lightworks beta?

Ummm, that's a joke right?

Hahaha,

Whew! This font really

makes the point, eh?

By the time you finish

scrolling and reading it,

you forgot the topic.
    Last edited by budwzr; 6th Jul 2011 at 17:55.
    Quote Quote