VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was going to purchase a (full) copy of this software on fleebay and have some quick questions please.

I understand that the latest version is 9.0, however seems earlier versions (v7 & v8) are selling for much less than the last/latest version.

Is v9 really that much better, that it is worth paying up for it? Also does anyone know if v7 or v8 are stable or have any undesirable glitches.

I will be using XP.

EDIT: just been reading the Amazon reviews for v7,8 & 9 and they are all very poor. Some advise using Vegas Studio as a much better alternative

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by willmington; 3rd Jul 2011 at 13:59.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm using PE8.01 and it seems stable here. Version 8 had some issues that were fixed by the free patch.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the info TreeTops.

One last question please. I understand that PE8 can open .VOB files but can it also edit .VOB files and resave as such.

The reason I ask is that I have some home videos on DVD and some of them have flickers on them. By that I mean that there are frames that are lighter than the one pre/post. So I get a temporary flicker (which last for 1 or 2 frames).

So all I wanted to do was just edit those 1-2 frames (wherever they occur) by way of darkening those frames, if you see what I mean. Can Adobe Premiere Elements 8 do this?

I did try using VirtualDubMod but it re-encodes the save as AVI and creates huge file sizes.

I have Womble Video Wizard and tried to do this with that prog but could not get it to do what I wanted.

For clarity these flickers are on the VHS tape (VHS-C in fact) and occur at the same place whenever played or recorded.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can't answer your question about VOB files. You might try the Premiere Elements forum here

Make sure you ask in the Premiere Elements forum not the Photoshop Elements forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Later PE versions add more HDV, h.264 AVCHD and digital camera support. A Core 2 duo or above is needed.

PE8 was ok for SD but I wasn't happy with breadth of codec support or even sinple HDV performance. Maybe the update helped.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Many thanks for the added info. I will have a go in the Premiere Elements forum.

Cheers
    Quote Quote