VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to know about tools and steps for demuxing DVD subtitle and conversion it for adding into blu-ray file.
    Thank you so much in advance for reply.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dvdsubedit to rip to a sub text file. tsmuxer to add to the blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have use dvdsubedit for demuxing thai subtitle on dvd movie and when run OCR , result is this tool can't see thai font but for english subtitle , it 's acceptable. Please suggest me solution this issue. Thank you so much in advance for reply.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have a solution that MIGHT work. But it also might not work. I do not recommend that you do this unless you fully understand that it may have a negative effect on your PC.

Most subtitle tools that use OCR do not understand anything but Latin character sets (this is the alphabet that English uses). You have to go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced and change "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs that you want to use" to Thai. Reboot. It may rename some of your programs to Thai names. Start dvdsubedit and if you are lucky it will now be able to see the Thia subtitles with OCR. Save the subtitles and then change that option for non-Unicode programs from Thai back to English and reboot. Strange things may happen when you do this. Probably nothing strange will happen but it's possible that maybe some programs will rename themselves to Thai names and then not change back to English names.

If there is a Thai language video forum you might want to ask them what they do to do OCR on Thai subtitles. Maybe they know a better solution.
    Quote Quote