VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does the HV40 have this feature? I've got some old beta and VHS tapes I want to convert directly to DV-AVI. I tried hooking the player to the camera and firewire to the computer. I put the camera is AV>DV mode and the picture comes up on the camera's viewfinder but is not being seen on the computer. Is there something I'm missing or does the HV40 just not have this feature?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know about the HV40, but on my camera (also a Canon), you have to take the tape out for the pass through (with DV out) to work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stantheman1976 View Post
    Does the HV40 have this feature? I've got some old beta and VHS tapes I want to convert directly to DV-AVI. I tried hooking the player to the camera and firewire to the computer. I put the camera is AV>DV mode and the picture comes up on the camera's viewfinder but is not being seen on the computer. Is there something I'm missing or does the HV40 just not have this feature?
    Yes it works.

Play Mode - Rec/In Setup - AV->DV ON

Play/Out Setup 2 - DV output - DV Locked

If that doesn't work, switch camera section to DV as well.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks. I'll try it again tonight when I get a chance. It was late last night when I was trying it so I didn't get to test it thoroughly.
    Quote Quote