VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I just converted a mkv file using Aura Video Converter (similar software as Any Video Converter). For the product it gave me only a DVD_NTSC folder (no Video_TS or Audio_TS folder) with only a MPEG2 file inside (softkoolvn.net_tuchie-nmacarong-imbt_mpeg2video). I read on google that you need at least a Video_TS folder with more files inside (e.g. VOB, IFO, or BUP etc.) in order to get it burn correctly. So could I still burn with only this MPEG2 file and play it safely (without image or audio messing up) on any home dvd player? Should I create any new folders or files?

I'm very new to this. If there are any more additional information that I needed to know before I go ahead and burn, please let me know. Thank you ahead for your time guys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by big_b0i View Post
    So could I still burn with only this MPEG2 file and play it safely (without image or audio messing up) on any home dvd player?
    No. It won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If the MPEG2 file is dvd compliant you can use any dvd authoring program to author the dvd which will give you the required video_ts folder and files, then burn that to a dvdr.

Left hand side of EVERY page is the TOOLS link and the WHAT IS section for Blu-Ray, DVD, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stop using crap software ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    If the MPEG2 file is dvd compliant you can use any dvd authoring program to author the dvd which will give you the required video_ts folder and files, then burn that to a dvdr.

Left hand side of EVERY page is the TOOLS link and the WHAT IS section for Blu-Ray, DVD, etc.

I believe it's DVD compliant because I choose the option to convert to NTSC DVD. I'm guessing the reason why it didn't fully create the necessary items because it has it's own burning software included with the converter software, and I'm guessing if I push "continue" after the conversion process was completed to burn with it's burning software then its own burning software might produce the necessary items to burn a complete DVD. Maybe it didn't want its users to take that converted file and burn it to any other burning software instead of its own? I'm just guessing here.

The reason why I wanted to burn with a different software it's because its own software does not aloud me to include more converted files to burn onto a DVD. The file I converted only takes up around 2gb in a 4.7 DVD, so I wanted to add another file onto that DVD just to save some DVDs. But its own burning software only aloud that single completed conversion file to process to the burning step.

When you mean use any other program to author the DVD, do you mean just download another converting software that produce the correct folders and files and reconverting that mpeg file? Or there is a different between converting to DVD format and authoring DVD? I searched online and tried to find DVD authoring software instead of converting software, but all I got were mainly converting software, like DVD flick, DVD styler, etc. I downloaded DVD flick, but is that a converting software same as the one I used? If I'm wrong, could you recommend any free software that just do the job of DVD authoring?

Sorry for the long post and questions, but I'm really appreciated for your help. Thank you.
    Quote Quote