VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hey, ive recently got a blackmagic intensity pro and have tried to capture xbox 360 gameplay. the video quality was fine but i began to experience audio latency, i have no idea why and would like to know if i need to upgrade or my settings are set wrong. in a nutshell i have no idea whats wrong :/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You dont' specify what you're using for capture settings so it's hard to tell what you're really running into. From your computer specs, I'm guessing you only have a single hard drive (350gb?) and are probably dropping frames as you capture.

Here's what I'd recommend:

- Get a second hard drive just for capturing, keep it defragmented.
    - Make sure you don't have unnecessary processes running in the background.
    - Set your 360 output to no more than 720p
    - Capture MJPEG, 720p

If you're like others and want to post to youtube or send it to friends and need to shrink the size - take the output file and re-encode (you will lose some quality) to divx/xvid CQ3 retaining 1280x720 or h264 (via x264vfw) CQ 20 and MP3 128k audio using VirtualDub.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks neomaine ive just discovered my pc has 2 500gb hard drives one full of my stuff like games ect and the other blank, i have tried to use this second hard drive to capture in 720p MJPEG but it is still dropping frames, a guy at blackmagic design help centres said i should setup my hard drive to raid? and use capture uncompressed and was wondering what to buy in order to do this and if so what and how to do it thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your best bet would be to buy 2 new fast sata drives(w.d. black or samsung f3) and a raid controller card and set it up as raid 0. raid 0 stripes the incoming data across both drives for faster writing, allowing for uncompressed video capture.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. CAn i buy any raid card?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    iirc blackmagic support has a list of the ones they like.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote