VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I Have A DVD+RW It Used To Work But One Day When I Put It In The DVD Recorder It would Not Load So I Tried My Freinds DVD+RW The Same Make From The Same Pack and It Worked Can Someone Help Me
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A DVD recorder or a computer DVD burner?
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Sony DVD Recorder
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sony RDR-GX210
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I never had much luck with RW discs in my recorder. They are supposed to be re-recordable dozens if not hundreds of times but I've had many that never lasted more than a few recordings. If this is an RW disc that has already been recorded to and you are trying to re-use it...try erasing it on a computer burner with something like DVDDecrypter. ImgBurn probably has the same exact erase feature but I have no RW discs to try.
    If these are new discs you are trying....try a different brand of discs. RW discs are not known to be as good(quality) and normal -R or +R discs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ive Recorded Over It About 20 or So Times and I Thought It May Last Longer Then That i Have a Feature On My Recorder That Lets Me Format It But When I Put It In Once It Didnt Work I Was Wondering If There Was A Way I Could Get It To Load Again
    Quote Quote  
  7. I Took A Look At The File Size And It Says Its 40 MB But The Disks Size Is 4. 7 GB
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Erase it on a computer or throw it away.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The number of times RW media can be re-used varies. I have had some RW discs that were probably re-used 20 times before failing, and others that failed after being used only a couple of times. Based on personal experience, if this DVD+RW disc has been used 20 times for recording, it could well be worn out.

If you need to save a recording from this disc, it may still be possible to do that using data recovery software on the PC. Otherwise, it is time to toss it in the trash.
    Quote Quote