VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some .m2ts files from a Panasonic HD camcorder (AVCHD files). Due to the fat32 file system used by the SD card in the camcorder, the files are split at 4GB. Since the footage is of a live concert, I would like to join the m2ts files together without having to re-encode them. TSMuxer was able to join them, but the time code was off. It would only keep the time code of the first m2ts file even though the total file size was the sum of the two joined files.

In a nutshell, I want to join the m2ts files, create a chapter list once joined, then author a blu-ray. Here's what I've tried so far:

MulitAVCHD 4.1 Even when I set the split at 25000MiB, the files are still kept at their original size when I try to author a Blu-Ray
    TS Muxer screws up the time code when joining
    Tmpgenc Authoring Works will join them, but will re-encode to Mpeg2 which I do not want to do.

I'm at my wits end on how to do this properly.

A_L
    Quote Quote  
  2. I may have a solution. Try VideoReDo TV Suite 4 . .264 version. Request the Trial key that will unlock it to full function for a period of days. It has a joiner that works.

TVSuite/H264($100) can also author DVDs. Version 4 supports H264/AVC/MTS/M2TS/AVCHD/MP4 editing.
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VideoReDo
    http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

Simply download V4, install it into its own folder, and go. If you want to remove the 15 minute limitation request a trial key either from help menu or the pop-up screen

Done. BTW I have been using it and its predecessor for may years. I love the interface and the utility QuickStream Fix solves many problems too.

Good Luck
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the trial version of VideoReDo and it limited to 15mins of the joined file. So I could not tell if it was working properly. I managed to get it to work by demuxing with TSMuxeR , then joining with MultiAVCHD.

A_L
    Quote Quote  
  4. As I noted from above:
    "Simply download V4, install it into its own folder, and go. If you want to remove the 15 minute limitation request a trial key either from help menu or the pop-up screen"

I love that program as it joins, it fixes stream errors that can cause sync errors, etc.

Glad to hear you have the problem sorted
    Good Luck
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote