VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    How i can convert the dts-es or dts-ex 6.1 into dts core 5.1 without any loss of the dts sound?

Is there any easy program without so many ad-ons and plugins that do the job like tsmuxer(This product stops to reupdated from his developments) or mkvtoolnix?
    I want to make the dts-es 6.1 that lord of the rings extended edition has into dts-core 5.1 WITHOUT ANY LOSS of sound.

A LOT OF THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND YOUR ANSWERS.
    Last edited by fits79; 21st Jun 2011 at 17:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Eac3to will extract to dts 5.1 but there will be some loss since you are reducing the overall bitrate of the audio.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. dts-es matrix is 5.1 downmix compatible. To retain matrix originality you need commercial DTS encoder.
    or you can try eac3to but there is a loss of channel too
    - or -
    simply convert to 640k AC-3 with eac3to if you are not very specific about DTs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Is there any EASY way to make it?
    Like mkvtoolnix and tsmuxer do with an easiest way.

E.t.c. tsmuxer can convert dts-hd into dts-core into one simple click.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you click on eac3to and check the the gui selection?
    Quote Quote  
  6. just a guess.....
    eac3to is already bundled with RiPBot.
    Try RipBot to get your desired container (say mkv or m2ts) with video stream "COPY".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Yes but ripbot want a lot of plugins/addons to work DOESN'T work alone this program so....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Anyone to help...
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    What you're asking for is not possible. Also, are you sure you can notice the quality loss between an original 6.1 DTS track and a re-encoded 5.1 DTS track
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    So it ISN'T a method that i can downconvert any dts-es 6.1 into dts-core 5.1 as i can convert any dts-hd 7.1 into dts-core 5.1?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You were already given a few options to convert to 5.1 dts but didn't ask for any help on the apps suggested to you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. So it ISN'T a method that i can downconvert any dts-es 6.1 into dts-core 5.1 as i can convert any dts-hd 7.1 into dts-core 5.1?
    No, because DTS-ES 6.1 doesn't have a lossless core. ie. there is no core to "dump" - unlike DTS-HD (MA) 7.1 .

As the others have said above, you have to re-encode and mix it to DTS 5.1 . This is a lossy transformation.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Along the same line...

eac3to v3.24
    ArcSoft DTS v1.1.0.7

I'm trying to convert a DTS-ES 6.1 track... using eac3to with "-down6" option no matter what output format I select (tried dts, wavs, flac, ac3), my output track is long (1:45:42 --> 2:00:48) and sounds tinny and distorted. All I've been able to guess at is that it's either a problem with the ArcSoft decoder or with the way that the "-down6" switch is mixing the extra rear channel from the 6.1 into the SL and SR channels of the 5.1 output... just a guess though.

any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting thread
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Kartman View Post
    Along the same line...

eac3to v3.24
    ArcSoft DTS v1.1.0.7

I'm trying to convert a DTS-ES 6.1 track... using eac3to with "-down6" option no matter what output format I select (tried dts, wavs, flac, ac3), my output track is long (1:45:42 --> 2:00:48) and sounds tinny and distorted. All I've been able to guess at is that it's either a problem with the ArcSoft decoder or with the way that the "-down6" switch is mixing the extra rear channel from the 6.1 into the SL and SR channels of the 5.1 output... just a guess though.

any ideas?
    I think I know what you mean. Both the LOTR and the Star Wars Blu-Rays have 6.1 DTS. In the opener of FOTR, the audio associated with the shock wave (?) when Sauron is destroyed is very distorted....if downmixed to stereo on one of my TVs. Sounds okay with a proper surround system. Same for the opening music on the Star Wars BDs, the horns sound "tinny". So I would guess you're on the right track that the problem is in mixing the extra channel.

At any rate, I had no problem converting the audio of any of those discs to AC3 5.1 with eac3to, and I do have the Arcsoft decoder. No go with tsMuxer.

Could you tell us the title of the movie? Maybe someone can help you narrow down the problem.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    fritzi93 - Kartman's last login was Dec. 20 of LAST YEAR. You may not realize it, but you and lacywest are grave robbing this thread.

Really, lacywest? You HAD to dig up an old thread just to say "Interesting"? Geez.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hah, didn't notice that.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah the original topic must have been about the DVD edition.

And actually for me personally I've never bothered converting any of the dts. I don't have a hd amp but I have my ps3 connected via hdmi to the tv and fiber optic to my now 10+ years old sony 5.1 amp. I can do dts from dvds or BLURAY just fine. It does the auto downconvert to 5.1 with no noticeable loss.

Granted I've never heard a 6.1 setup nor a hd audio amp so I don't have a comparison. But I don't believe I'm losing that much with the hd downmix of the dtsma track to sd dts. Its still plenty loud and powerful to me.

I think if you were looking to save space on file conversion for either a bluray backup burn or a mp4/h264 conversion than it would make more sense to me to convert to ac3 at 640kpbs to have a nearly intact reproduction without sacrificing much in the way of the original quality.

Woah sorry for the ultimate runon sentence there. More of a paragraph really
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Is there any program that can convert the dts-hd or truehd sounds that has any mkv file with ONE AND ONLY program?

It can't do it the mkvtoolnix and tsmuxer so is there any that kind of prg?
    Quote Quote