VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a cd with security footage from different cameras. It is in an application called LWX viewer. It will not let me edit and only allows me to export to a jpeg. I need to be able to get certain cameras off the cd and place them on a dvd or cd by themselves and blow the frames up. Can anyone give me some insight on how this can be done or if it can be dome.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would help to know what type of files the footage is in, ie..... avi, mpeg, vob, or what? Only then could someone can make a suggestion on what to use to burn or extract to cd or dvd.
    If it feels good, do it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no. that question gets asked here about once a week. almost all security footage is custom encoded so that only the original machine it's captured on can export as standard video. cd and dvd copys of the video usually can't be re-encoded to something else. or at least the other 100's of askers never found a way.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. I honestly can't tell what format it is in. It was given to me on a CD & the file says LWX application. I click on the file, it asks for the password, and then the camera footage pops up. It shows up in LWX viewer... The footage was taken from a security systems DVR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    most likely encrypted, so you need to get what you want from the person who made the cd. (if they'll give it to you)
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you get the make and model of the unit, and many of these go under several different names, you may be able to find a software from the maker to convert the file to an avi or mpg. I have had a couple work this way.

Some you have to specify at the unit before burning the disk. Also, just check the filenames on the CD and try a different player, you might also try re-naming the file to .avi or .mpg if it has a custom name.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lisabee35 View Post
    I need to be able to get certain cameras off the cd and place them on a dvd or cd by themselves and blow the frames up. Can anyone give me some insight on how this can be done or if it can be dome.
    It was given to me on a CD & the file says LWX application. I click on the file, it asks for the password, and then the camera footage pops up. It shows up in LWX viewer... The footage was taken from a security systems DVR.
    If you can see the camera footage on your computer via the LWX application, you could use a screen capture program to take a copy of the video. Then convert the screen-capped video to a DVD compatible video file and burn to a disc.
    I'm not sure what the most suitable screen-cap software would be, though. Maybe someone else could recommend a program.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Take the disc to any computer which has tv out ... set application to full screen when playing individual camera's ... from here a dvd recorder setup correctly will beable to record the play back ... edit later to suit needs .

Similar unit here use's the same method ... little viewer.exe app for playback ... as simple as ABC to understand.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Intracube... Thank you so much... That worked perfectly... I truly appreciate your help..
    Quote Quote  
  10. What program did you use to do this? I'm having the same problem only mine are LWX wrapped .exe, making it an even more pain in the ass.
    Quote Quote