VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

So I'm having a couple issues, which perhaps deserve a couple threads but are currently tied together.

I have an MP4 file that I would like to hardsub with an ASS file and convert the video to an AVI. I've been trying a few different programs, including ffmpegX and HandBrake. I had a couple solid programs on my PC, but since making the switchover to a Mac, I've had some difficulties finding programs that will handle ASS files. I need to keep the formatting, so conversion to SRT is not an option.

If I need to do this in two parts--video conversion and then the hardsub--that's also fine, but since many conversion programs also have Subtitle options, I thought getting it done in one swoop would be convenient.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have the same problem. I have an .avi file I need hardsubbed with .ass subtitles. I did try it with avidemux, but it's rather buggy and crashes all the time, and when it doesn't the subtitles are not burned into the video. I've looked for other programs, but it seems there are just PC versions. (At times like this, I really despise having to work with a Mac...)

So is there ANY way to hardsub .ass files on a Mac at all?
    Quote Quote