VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I am looking for a camcorder that is better than the Sony Handycam DCR-DVD105. I realize this was made around 2006...so I am looking for a camera just as good if not better than this that I could buy used for under $100. I saw one of these on eBay for $60. The reason being is that I find it's infrared night-vision very good for its age. I just got a Vixia HF R100 and it sucks at night compared to this which is pushing 6 years old. Don't get me wrong, the Vixia blows it out of the water for daytime video, but I have my needs.

Or, if anyone knows a great camera I could preferably used, but maybe new, for VERY cheap that has great infrared night-vision, PLEASE recommend!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The IR night shot has come and gone so look for early to mid 2k Sony models then check the specs.

The best use I found for night shot was finding the GF's or neighbor's cats when they escaped. The IR lamp reflected off retina worked out to 30 feet or more.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    The IR night shot has come and gone so look for early to mid 2k Sony models then check the specs.

The best use I found for night shot was finding the GF's or neighbor's cats when they escaped. The IR lamp reflected off retina worked out to 30 feet or more.
    Thats actually kind of ingenious. I'll have to do that with my dog.

Are you saying there are older models that don't have IR but have good enough low light sensors for full color at night and no drop in framerate?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PeripheralVisionaryX View Post
    Are you saying there are older models that don't have IR but have good enough low light sensors for full color at night and no drop in framerate?
    There were no small consumer cams. Low light improvement needs larger lens and sensors like the Sony VX or Canon GL series. Consumers voted for small size over low light capability.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote