VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    OK, I know this question has been asked all over the internet several times, and I've seen several versions of answers, but not one that seems to fit me.

I have a HDR-CX150 that I use to shoot casual kid videos, family gatherings, etc.

I know how to pull the video off to edit, store on PC, etc.

What I don't know how to do, however, is somehow free up my camera hard drive and preserve the video in HD - the kind of HD I get when I plug my cam into my HDTV - not even to necessarily edit the HD video.

Is burning it to a Blu-Ray a possibility? What about just pulling the raw files off, to reload and then view via my camera when I want to?

I guess I'm disappointed there may not be an option to view my vids in HD after I pull from my cam??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jtcarn View Post
    OK, I know this question has been asked all over the internet several times, and I've seen several versions of answers, but not one that seems to fit me.

I have a HDR-CX150 that I use to shoot casual kid videos, family gatherings, etc.

I know how to pull the video off to edit, store on PC, etc.

What I don't know how to do, however, is somehow free up my camera hard drive and preserve the video in HD - the kind of HD I get when I plug my cam into my HDTV - not even to necessarily edit the HD video.

Is burning it to a Blu-Ray a possibility? What about just pulling the raw files off, to reload and then view via my camera when I want to?

I guess I'm disappointed there may not be an option to view my vids in HD after I pull from my cam??
    According to Sony this isn't a hard drive camcorder. It has 16GB internal flash memory and takes Sony Pro Memory Stick flash cards. Yup you bought the razor and the Memory Sticks are the blades.
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&stor...150/R#features

There are two ways to move video from the internal flash RAM to a PC.

1. The camera should have come with software to allow USB2 transfer camera to a PC hard drive. See the manual for instructions. Once the files are on the PC you can edit and make Blu-Ray (BR media) or "AVCHD" (DVDR media) discs in HD. You will need a Blu-Ray player to play those but the files can be played directly on the PC with programs like VLC or MPCHC.

2. You can copy the files in internal memory to a Memory Stick card. Then with a compatible card reader you can copy the files to the PC hard drive. This should also be covered in the manual.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks EdDV. It was right there in the manual all along, but you just made it click for me.
    Quote Quote