VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I was trying, but it only encoded the first video (part1.avi) to the output video (finished.avi).

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "part1.avi" -i "part3.avi" -i "part4.avi" -i "part5.avi"  -b 12000k -s 1280x720 -r 30 -vcodec libxvid -vtag divx -aspect 16:9 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 128k -y "finished.avi"
    Im missing something, which I cannot figure out. I tried adding some MAPping, but Im pretty sure I messed that up too...

Any advice would be welcome,
    thanks-
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Unfortunately FFmpeg cannot concatinate input clips. Multiple inputs are stacked in the output file. Mapping is used to select which streams from within a single input clip are used. You could use a small Avisynth script and feed that into FFmpeg.

AVISource("part1.avi", "part2.avi", "part3.avi", "part4.avi")

All clips must have the same specs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ahh, I forgot about the mapping specs... how true.

I cant do the AVISynth, the AVIs are of varying FPS.

Id be happy using Mencoder, but I dont think I have the syntax right... It also complained it could not demux the input file because it didnt know what it was...

Code:
    mencoder mf://part1.avi,part3.avi,part4.avi,part5.avi -mf type=avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:mode=2:br=128 -af resample=44100 -srate 44100 -ofps 30 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:cbp:trell:vbitrate=3500 -noskip  -ffourcc XVID -o "final.avi"
    I am more familiar with FFMPEG than Mencoder... but have used both with very good results.

Thank you for your time Chris,
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BTW, Win32 here... (XPpro)
    Quote Quote