VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to dealing with HD video files, I basically know nothing about it.
    I just bought a Samsung camcorder (model HMX-H204). I filmed something that is about 90 mins long in one long take, no stops or anything, however when I connect the camcorder to my PC, I noticed that it has splitted the files into several mp4 files (each is 1.8Gb large / 15:05 mins long).
    What I want to do is:
    * Merge the files, without noticing any "cut" or similiar at each 15:05 point after they have been combined.
    * Convert them to a standard DVD vob files, so I can edit and later author it to a DVD. I don't need help with the vob editing and authoring, just converting the 90 min long joined mp4 file into vob. Or should I first convert all mp4 files into VOBs, then merge? What is the best way? It's very important that after the files have been merged, there should be nothing noticed at the points where each new file begins (such as a short audio loss, a "skip" or little "jump" etc.)

Please provide the simplest and easiest solution with as few programs as possible involved, remember I'm a total newbie when it comes to HD/mp4/H.264 etc.

Many many thanks in advance guys!

Edit: After inspecting the mp4 files closer, I noticed that the point where each file is cut, then next files does not continue at that exact same spot, there is about 1-2 seconds missing. That is a horrible camera if it's not possible to record one long segment in HD quality without losing a couple seconds every 15th minute.
    Last edited by guy24s; 18th Jun 2011 at 06:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try join with mymp4boxgui, add all mp4s under join and make a new mp4. Play it and see how the cut points looks like. If it works you can use a free dvd converter like avstodvd, dvd flick, dvdstyler, etc.

Or you could use a dvd converter that can join and convert at the time like for example tmpgenc authoring works (try the trial first!).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tack Baldrick, for the suggestions!

Actually, as I went back to check for replies, I had already started to attempt converting/joining the files in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 (I already had the full registered version on my PC), and it seems it's working good.
    If I'm experiencing further problems I'll come back (when playing back the mp4 files on my computer there are frequent skips and audio loss problems, but I'm thinking this has to do with that my processor is not strong enough for HD video, so I think this will be solved after the conversion is finished).
    Quote Quote