VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've settled with DVDstyler as my <random format video> to DVD converter, but I have a big question.

I have a DVD in the making that has a submenu. How can I set it so that after playing a clip from the submenu selection, the submenu would be displayed, not the main menu? I have a bunch of short clips in the submenu and it's a total pain to re-navigate to this menu each time...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Right click on the menu thumbnail. Select properties.
    At the bottom of the properties are two items of interest.
    I believe the one you want is "post command".
    Put in that menu. After doing whatever is seleccted, that is where things go next, back to itself.
    I've done this to get things to move on from a menu that only has a background.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but I've tried this.

I have "Menu 1" (main) and "Menu 2" (sub). I connected them via buttons. Both are Menus, not vmMenus. However, the available post commands are "call vmgm menu 1;" and "call menu;" both of which seem to take back to the main menu.

Granted, I'm testing the .iso on the VLC, but the menus should still work, right?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, the menus should work the same there as pretty much anywhere.
    Are you sure about those "only" options? As I said, there were no buttons on my menus (they weren't meant to be menus), only a background. Initially there were no post or any other command. I put in that the post should be the next menu. I see no reason that it can't be itself. Only issue I see with that is that you need a escape button (maybe).
    Are you certain you can't make it refer to itself in the post command?
    You do know you have forced me to try this myself, since I've never done exactly this before. <G>
    IF I succeed, I'll try to be very clear on exactly how I did it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a bunch for trying it out! I have: Menu 1, Menu 2, Title 1, Title 2, Title 3, Title 4, Title 5, Title 6, Title 7, Title 8, Title 9

Titles 1-2 are on the 1st menu, then there's "more..." button that takes to the 2nd menu, which has Titles 3-9 and "back..." button.

Complete list of post command options are:
    call vmgm menu 1;
    call menu;
    jump title 1;
    jump title 2;
    jump title 3;
    jump title 4;
    jump title 5;
    jump title 6;
    jump title 7;
    jump title 8;
    jump title 9;
    exit;

I've not ticked the Menu 1 as "root" (it's shown first automagically)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, I guess nobody really uses DVDstyler around here?
    Quote Quote  
  7. They're too advanced for us. <G>
    I'll get there, just don't hold your breath.
    I get distracted easily. <G>
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I too had this problem and finally fixed it. Make all your menu's vmMenu's and right click on your titles, in properties the menus should now be under the post commands. In the menu's properties you can check "Rember Last Selected Button" and after playing it will go right to the title you selected.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, thanks! Yes, vmMenus indeed come up as a post-command option, but... What if I want to make a DVD that has multiple videos with multiple chapters?

Say... I want to have buttons like: Play Clip 1; Clip 1 Chapters; Play Clip 2; Clip 2 Chapters.

I'd use vmMenus, but can't put chapter buttons to it (the chapters are greyed out). But if I add two regular Menus, I can refer to only regular Menus from vmMenu... not two or more.
    Quote Quote