VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am running a PVR-150 in a windows 7 64 bit machine with Win TV6 to try and do some VHS->DV captures.

Having a problem in that the Hue and Saturation controls are not working as expected.

Brightness and Contrast sliders go from 0 to 255 and operate as expected.

Hue and Saturation also have sliders form 0 to 255 but are acting like switches.

With Saturation at 0 the picture is black and white. With the slider at 1, the picture is slightly oversaturation. With the slider form 2-255 there are no changes from the slider at 1.

Similarly with Hue, 0 is a slightly red/sunburned look. 1-255 All looks exactly identical with a slight Green tint.

Any ideas what is going on?

Spektre
    Quote Quote  
  2. What software you capturing with? I would try using Graph Studio to change the video proc amp settings while the other program is capturing ore previewing. Start the capture program. Start Graph Studio. In Graph Studio add the filter that has the PVR-150's video proc amp settings. That's usually a crossbar or capture filter. It will have a name something like "Hauppage PVR-150 capture filter". After adding the filter to the graph right click on it and select Properties. Go to the proc amp tab and adjust the sliders. With most capture devices you'll see the picture change dynamically as you move the sliders in Graph Studio. The values that appear in Graph Studio are often different than the values that appear in the capture program. That could be the source of the problem you're having.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I'll try Graph Studio.

I am using Win TV6. It has a ProcAmp section to adjust the values, but instead of being continuous, they are operating like switch on or off.

Spektre
    Quote Quote  
  4. I know what you are saying about the proc amp. I'm telling you another way to set the proc amp that may work better. Or it may not. But it's worth a shot.
    Quote Quote