VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

my original input is h264 from HD PVR (1080i) and after passing simple script to x264.exe I got different fps while encodig:

directShowSource - about 40 fps
    ffVideoSource - about 25 fps
    avcSource - 20 fps

I would stay with DSsource (the fastest) but x264.exe gives an warning message that converts from yuy2 to yv12 - (so it means that conversion is done twice - first by avisynth from yv12 to yuy2 and then by x264 from yuy2 to yv12 - these are my own observations as I'm not familiarized with that subject

Is there other way to get the speed of dsSource or to make dsSource not convert to yuy2?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try using DirectShowSource(pixel_type="YV12").
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    when I use this switch I got an error "filter graph manager won't talk to me"
    Quote Quote  
  4. what directshow decoder are you using ?

render the file in graphstudio if you don't know

did you try ffms-mt (the multithreaded version of ffvideosource) ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. from graphStudio: my.ts --- microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder --- video renderer

2. dont know which one it is I'm using - just copied ffms2.dll to avisynth's plugins directory (and by the way after using it - ffms2- the video playback is corrupted - frames are mixed while playing avs script in player or in vdub - the only solution is to "reset" playback by rewind button on the player - then everything goes smooth"

edit:
    ad 1. -when I open avs script in graph studio then i get:
    my.avs --- color space converter --- video renderer <-- when pixel_type is set to yv12

and

my.avs --- avi decompressor --- video renderer <-- when pixel_type is not used
    Last edited by adom; 14th Jun 2011 at 18:19.
    Quote Quote  
  6. use preferred filter tweaker to disable the microsoft decoder , install ffdshow, haali media splitter

in ffdshow, set avc/h.264 to ffmpeg-mt

render the file again in graphstudio to see if you you've set it up properly

ffms2 (either version) is not that reliable for transport streams, especially interlaced avc
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I disabled microsoft decoder and set avc/h.264 to ffmpeg-mt in ffdshow.
    I followed your sugestions and now directShowSource is working without any color conversion.

But now graph studio is showing coreAVC (as I purchased this one before) - I think if I disable this one then I'll get fdshow working - anyway the case is solved - thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by adom View Post
    Hello,
    ,,, ,,,, ,,,,
    directShowSource - about 40 fps
    ffVideoSource - about 25 fps
    avcSource - 20 fps
    ... .... ....
    Have you ever noticed that different InputSorce filters report different counts for total number of frames for same input video source?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm not quite sure what you mean - but same video via directShow shows 7089 frames and with ffms2 shows 7090 frames.
    Quote Quote