VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a MCS X58B-A2 1366 mother board. Is there a way to control the CPU and case fans through software?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hardware Monitor
    Quote Quote  
  3. as said by buds hardware....
    i guess new bios step up the speed while encoding or playing games. i noticed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz View Post
    Hardware Monitor
    Looks like this software only reads the speed and temps? Can I change the fan speed with this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    I have a MCS X58B-A2 1366 mother board. Is there a way to control the CPU and case fans through software?
    The only way you will control case fans through software is if they are connected to the mobo and not through standard molex power plugs, and most mobo's i have ever seen only allow for 2 extra fans besides the CPU fan to be attached/connected to the mobo.

Otherwise you need some kind of a hardware speed fan controller, splitter cable to control more than one fan per mobo socket, although i don't know how well that would work as i would assume the mobo sockets are designed to only provide enough power for 1 fan and i have never tried to use more than one fan per mobo fan socket.

I have 6 case fans, 5 120mm fans and 1 140mm fan, all of which are controlled by a hardware/digital fan controller and my CPU fan is actually a pump for the CPU liquid cooling system and 2 are for the radiator cooling, all 3 of which are on full power 100% of the time.

Pretty much any modern mobo/cpu combo should have settings in bios to allow you to control the cpu fan for cooling.

As long as the fans are connected to the mobo in any way you should be able to control the fan speeds, i can even set the fan speed settings on any of my PC's Video Cards and set them to change speeds according to their temps.
    Quote Quote