VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I'm in Los Angeles and have a Panasonic AG-5710 and a JVC HR-S9911U. They're both working pretty well right now, but I'm curious to know what some of the go-to service shops in the area are for these VCR brands. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check the manufactuer site for authorized service centers.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The Panasonic AG series, to my knowledge, can be serviced at some pro shops, but the average-joe shops I know of (New York) don't work on VCR's. edDV is on the right track, you'll likely do better at the maker's websites looking for regional factory service centers. I last heard a couple years back that JVC has discontinued most parts support for the HR-S9911U and most of their popular "legacy" VCR's.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 03:23.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice! Both manufacturers have a few local service locations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    JVC HR-S9911U only have a few problems every once in a while, normally easy fixes. However with your AG unit would bet I can find problems and make your unit better. For years couldn't find anyone who could actually fix any of these units. So I teamed up with an X United States Navy tech and we can fix any VCR with in reason. AG units are my cup of tea, if you want it perfect send it to me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This thread is incredibly old but I do all my servicing at Arc tv& vcr repair in Burbank. They are geniuses over there and have kept my beautiful ag-1980 in excellent working order.
    Quote Quote