VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I want to make a 5 minute long video. What I'm trying to do is, extracting 30 seconds(or 1,5 mins) from a few 40 minute long videos, joining a few videos(each max. 2 minute long), adding text between the videos and adding music/song to final video(which is probably 5-7 minutes long).

I downloaded Corel VideoStudio Prox4. But I had some problems with it. First, when I extract a few minutes from a 40 minute video, the extracted file size is too big(like 1,5 GB). The original video is(40 mins) 400 MB. I read that I have to compress the file but I couldn't find how to do it. I tried to choose a different option from Share menu but then the file's quality is very low. BTW, I don't remember which option I chose. Anyway, later, I tried to do choose "Custom" to save it as a .avi but it gave this error: "Unable to access the audio codec driver". Is there something wrong with the videos?

Then I downloaded VirtualDubMod. I tried to extract again, it worked, but the audio was not in sync. Its ok, because I can change it from Stream/Interleave. And even if I couldn't change it, I'd use VirtualDub, it doesn't give that kinda error, only Mod gives. But I wonder why the audio is not in sync. What causes this problem?

Anyway, now I don't need Corel to extract videos, because I can do it with VirtualDub. The size/quality is great. But how can I prepare my video? Corel didn't looked like a smoothly working program for me.

And can I use VirtualDub to prepare videos, not just splitting/extracting videos?

Is there any other programs you can recommend to me? How is Camtasia Studio 7? Is it possible to prepare fanvid type of videos with Camtasia?

And sorry for my English. Its not my native language. If you don't understand anything, please tell me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what's the extension of your video(s)?

how are you going to display this? web? DVD? computer? Blu-ray?

out of sync audio can be caused by using Variable Bit Rate (VBR) audio so use Continous Bit Rate (CBR)

lots of editors under the tools section here
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The extension is .avi.

I'm gonna save the videos to my computer.

I don't know how to use CBR instead of VBR. But its ok if you don't want to explain, its not the major problem anyway.

Thanks A LOT. I didn't noticed the tools section. I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recorded a video to describe my problem better. I didn't deleted most of it, to see if I'm doing everything correctly.
    http://www.screencast.com/t/hIKhgCGGWoI

Now the only problem is audio codec error.
    Quote Quote