VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Live!value. I have already downloaded and installed LiveDrvUni Pack drivers in an attempt to correct the problem.
    I select 5.1 sound, with the audio mixer window open or closed, when sound is played it sounds like a machine gun.

I press play, pause and sometimes about 5 times, other times 20 odd, then sound will play OK at 5.1.

The tracks can be AVI MPEG2 etc, all have the same issue, even a sound file on its own cases this noise.

If I select the sound track only it will play OK, if I select another track, say video, it will make the noise.

I shutdown the programme restart and start a new project back to the machine gun sound, then press play, pause etc, the sound will finally come good.

If I select Stereo sound there is not a problem.
    I am also using Nero Burning version 6 with the 5.1 sound plugin, this used to work without any problems, now this acts up just like Video Studio.

I have not progressed to burning a DVD with 5.1 sound to check the output.

It appears the programme is selecting an incorrect codec or there is a codec clash.

I would appreciate your further advise on how to isolate this problem.

kevsim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may want to remove that pack you installed and only install what audio codec you're trying to use
    I had a similar problem...turns out my sound card was going bad
    More help here
    Quote Quote  
  3. zoobie,
    The pack I installed was the latest drivers for the sound card.
    It gave the same problem with and without the latest drivers.

Is there any way in Edit Studio or with another utility to find out what codec is being used when playing a file?

kevsim
    Quote Quote  
  4. Describe your speakers, specifically the connection to the sound card.

Is the sound correct but periodically interrupted, or does it sound like rapidly pulsing static or white noise?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nelson37,
    The speakers are 2 front with a sub woofer connected directly to the sound card speaker port.
    I have tried changing speaker settings, Desktop Stereo Speakers, Surround Speakers, 5.1 Surround Speakers and a few more, all give the same problem.
    All other sounds on the computer work perfectly.
    I have attached a sound file of the noise.
    kevsim
    Quote Quote  
  6. Find sound file attached.
    Distort.mp3

kevsim
    Quote Quote