VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi.
    I have one mkv files that has dts-es(Or any other extra dts)6.1 or 7.1 channels and i want to make it into dts-core 5.1 channels
    How i can do that?
    I try to use programs like tsmuxer or mkvmerge but nothing happened.

The mkvmerge 4.8.0 it bring me some errors like these:
    Resyncing successful at position 9015452201.
    Lord of the rings\The fellowship of the ring extended edition.mkv: Error in the Matroska file structure at position 9081333132. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.
    Resyncing successful at position 9081502749.
    Lord of the rings\The fellowship of the ring extended edition.mkv: Error in the Matroska file structure at position 9098077418. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.

So what i can do to correct that mistake?
    A lot of thanks for your time.
    Last edited by fits79; 11th Jun 2011 at 20:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try multiavchd it may allow you to change what you need to.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I want a program that it is easy and DON'T change the resolution of the movie at all ONLY THE AUDIO DTS-ES nothing else.
    This multiavchd do that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure about the audio settings in multiavchd. I'm pretty sure it does.

However i know for sure you can use eac3to to do exactly what you want to do. It will make a regular 5.1 dts from a hd dts file.

But please note a 6.1 dts es can be standard definition audio and work just fine on any system. I believe lord of the rings extended edition dvds were 6.1 dts es and work just fine on plain 5.1 dts systems.

Its the hd master dts ma audio you are probably wanting to convert. Just though I'd mention the differences.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote