VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I'm back with another bad quality video and in need of help.

Anyways a friend of mine shot a concert with her Samsung Galaxy S (720p) the video is awesome but the sound is not tolerable at all, as soon as the base kicks. I cut a random 13 second video clip with AviDemux from the original source, so no video/audio loss supposedly accrued. So does anybody have any experience on how to get more decent audio in this clip?

Cheers,
    shorto
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Added another clip, that shows you what the problems is, you cannot even hear that the singer sing
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by shorto; 9th Jun 2011 at 12:52.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can't get back something you don't have. The singers voice is destroyed by the overloaded audio. The person with the phone would have been better off holding their finger over the microphone to lower the level a bit. It's a shame as the video is fairly good for a phone.

But you can give Audacity a try and see if anything can be salvaged, but I doubt it.

Here's what it looks like in Audacity after converting it to a WAV audio file:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OL1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	7291

Then a closeup view. Note the overloaded signal and the distortion:

Name:	OL2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	7292

This is a MP3 with a normal audio range:

Name:	mp3.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	7293
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you for your reply, unfortunately you were right, not much can be done here apparently, too bad, but hey what can you do. Once gaian thank you Audacity is a nice little program and if nothing else I'm glad that you recommended it to me for further use.

Once again thank you for your reply!
    Quote Quote