VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, I'm sure I am just missing something but I am in the process of converting 6,000+ slides to DVD.

Scanning did not give me the clarity that I want so I tried to "re-shoot" them using a white board and my Sony Alpha DSLR camera. What I got was stunningly clear copies of my slides when viewed on my PC!

However, after running them through a "slide to DVD" conversion software package the basic slides were "average" in clarity but photo's of text related materials are almost impossible to read!

These completed "slide shows" will be distributed to family members all over the country for viewing on their set-top dvd players and their tv's.

What did I do wrong, or is it just a function of the conversion to NTSC from digital and if so, is there a "work-a-round"?

Regards,
    Jay F.
    Wisconsin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD is only 720x480 resolution. The originals are probably much higher.

You can save the camera files as data to a DVDR for computer viewing, or you can edit the slides for the smaller format.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD-video is only 720x480/576 so it's not that simple to make it look nice.

What software did you use? Proshow, MemoriesOnTV and DVDSlideshowgui are my favorites.

Or you can just put the jpg on a CD as most dvd players supports that. But no nice slideshow features.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No workaround SFAIK other than re-typing all the text. Text just does not downsize very well, and use of the fancier fonts often found in titling makes it much worse.
    Quote Quote