VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, please forgive my bad english. I'm desperatly looking for a solution to my problem and searched this forum with no result. I have 2 PC (1 on the left, 1 on the right) and would like to capture video from PC1 using a Black Magic intensity Pro card and Adobe Premiere on PC2. I plugged an HDMI cable on my ATI Radeon HD5450 video out (from PC1) to the Black Magic hdmi input (from PC2), launch Adobe Premiere on PC2 and... can't have an image from PC1.I tried to swap the screen on the windows screen resolution from PC1. Does anyone know how to configure BM control panel / Adobe Premiere project so that I can see my PC1 on the Adobe Premiere capturing box ? Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Ccat; 7th Jun 2011 at 04:22. Reason: card model
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd try to get it working with the basic BM capturing app first. If you get that running, then you're probably all set.

As far as your issue, it could be HDCP related.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot for your answer. I tried many different configurations all this day, and just managed to have an image on my adobe premiere capture box : I "forced" the 720p60 to my radeon display manager so that I could make it corrrespond to the same configuration on premiere, and then I had a nice image from my pc but... only the background, no icons, no taskbar or anything. I'm sure I'm on a good way to find out but still need some help. Thanks a lot for any suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a setting on your PC1 display card then. Do you have the PC1 out port defined as an extended desktop?
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes its is defined as "HDMI 720p 60Hz Extended". The curious thing is that on my PC2, I can see my wallpaper and all screensavers I tried, but anything else. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "Extended" means that you need to drag the windows you want to see onto the second screen.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I see... but where am I supposed to drop the file ? My second screen is not real (??)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Actually I'm confused on your setup, I thought you were using two outputs from one video card. Why/how do you have an extended desktop with only one output from PC1?

Photos or diagrams would help here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try setting the second screen to clone instead of extended. You may need to change your primary display resolution to 720p 60hz to get things to look right.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Actually I have read this "clone" configuration somewhere on this forum, but I don't have this choice on my pc : only "duplicate the desktop", or "make primary", or things like that... It's confused for me also, I'll try to post some screenshots. By the way, after many different tests, I managed to have an image on my adobe premiere and captured it in 720p50hz. But I don't know if my configuration is correct, as I have my PC1 screen on my PC2 premiere capturing box, and only background on my PC1 without being able to do anything else.
    Thanks anyway for your precious advices which helped me a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use "duplicate the desktop", it is the same as clone. You will probably still need to set the desktop resolution to match the second display before it will look right in premier.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for your reply. Yes that's what I did, and my screen appeared on my adobe window on pc2. I have to make changes in this very little window to switch to my original screen (pc1). During the capture, it only shows the background.
    Quote Quote