VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please help me
    I am desperately trying to find out whether Knoll Light Factory EZ Studio is something you buy or if it is something that comes bundled - for example with Red Giant ToonIt Studio.

Is Knoll Light Factory EZ Studio part of ToonIt Studio?
    I am asking because I am identitifying software strings for creating software license compliance reports, and I have this exe file called: Knoll Light Factory EZ Studio.

I hae written to Mindvision and Red giant after having googled the application, but none of them knows it.

As I assume it has something to do with DVD Video, I thoguht that maybe some of the experts in this forum might know of it?
    Any piece of information as to this application will be greately appreciated. Please help me!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Doesn't sound legitimate to me - especially if Red Giant doesn't know anything about it

Knoll Light Factory EZ is an after effects plugin that comes with Knoll Light Factory. There is a version for photoshop as well. There is no "studio" version that I am aware of, and it doesn't have an .exe extention - it is a plugin .aex. The installer is not called that either

I'd be suspicious for a virus/malware

Searching google , all the links for "Knoll Light Factory EZ Studio" are invalid - they are all spam and none contain legit products
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.
    It is probably as you say. I have just not been able to go any further. I think I will enter you description and tag the application 'Bundled'.
    thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for grave digging, but I was refurbishing an old laptop of a relative and ended up here trying to find out the same answer. Might just leave a definite one here for archives, whomever it might concern.

Both Knoll Light Factory EZ Studio and Red Giant ToonIt Studio were bundled with a purchase of Pinnacle Studio 14. The installation packages ARE stored as legitimate .exe files within the Pinnacle folder, whereas the installed filters obviously are not executables.
    Quote Quote