VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello -

I'm looking at the Roxio Game Capture as a way to simply play my console games on my PC monitor -- i.e., I'm not too interested in the actual capturing aspect of it. Can anyone comment on the quality of the image and sound as it comes through in real-time? Can the live video be expanded to full-screen in the Roxio software (that's what I really want to know...)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't have one, but if it was very good, they probably wouldn't have included the passthrough.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi danschmiedeler,

The RGC software is very limited. No access driver config (resolution, colors, sharpness,brightness etc..)

Fullscreen on RGC?? NO, you cannot.

For quality realtime capture use Virtualdub or AmarecTV (make a very nice fullscreen EVR render).

Please, other doubts post
    here.

I will help you.

Cauptain
    Last edited by Cauptain; 6th Jun 2011 at 18:27.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just got mine today and I can tell you it is no good for playing on the computer. It is a tiny little box. In addition I did not test for processing response/laggy delay. Lots of capture devides these days have a big delay from what you press on controler until you see it on screen which makes games unplayable this way. Ironically many of the older capture devices don't have this issue but lots of newer ones do. They take time to filter the video, resize internally, compress the data etc, and a delay is fine if you are just watching passively a show, it keeps it all in sync. But if you push JUMP button and u dont see yourself jump for 1/4 second longer, well gaming it out of the question.
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote