VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, there. I'll be honest here, I'd really like to get more into scoring and I'm looking for somebody willing to take a chance on me to do some music for their project. I've been writing music for close to 15 years and recently finished up a soundtrack for an upcoming xbox live game and as I said, I'm looking to make the venture into more film/short film. Obviously I would do this free of charge, and can do almost any style; I do tend to lean toward serious or scary type projects, but again, I can probably do anything. Please feel free to contact me to further address any questions, comments, concerns if you might be interested in working together. Thank you.

-BART

edit:

http://bartongraham.bandcamp.com/

Sample Music Volume 2 has better, more high quality work. Volume 1 is more just an idea of the versatility of my work.
    Last edited by TheIcarusDescent; 15th Jun 2011 at 21:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what instruments would you use for a frantic slapstick chase scene like the keystone cops?
    this is all synth keyboards, right?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No not at all. I mean, some of it could potentially be real instruments arranged via sample or soundfont, some could be synth... nearly whatever you're looking for I can do. I'd probably do better to actually SEE the scene before I come up with an idea, but again, if you have something in mind, please let me know. But the FIRST thing that comes to mind would be a fast paced, orchestral type chase piece.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a short clip that could use some creative audio, but I have to warn you, it's not an easy one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm always up for a challenge. Why don't you link me to the clip (upload to somewhere that I can download if it's not available online) and I'll take a look and see if I think I can do something for it. And obviously I'd like your thoughts as well, in terms of what you're looking for soundwise. You can feel free to email me at bartongraham@live.com for further discussion if you'd like.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, here it is: http://youtu.be/tApi5exZw1A?hd=1

NOTE: If you can score this, you can score anything Please don't get offended, this might be fun and get this thread going
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow, well that's... interesting. lol. any suggestions at all or should i just go with it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TheIcarusDescent View Post
    wow, well that's... interesting. lol. any suggestions at all or should i just go with it?

Glad you're a good sport. I was thinking of a Creature From The Black Lagoon theme, but do whatever you like, show your stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  9. LOL no closeup of the "boogies" ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    LOL no closeup of the "boogies" ?
    Hmmm...maybe I can add that as a special effect? Does your After Effects do that?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    LOL no closeup of the "boogies" ?
    Hmmm...maybe I can add that as a special effect? Does your After Effects do that?
    No... Unfortunately I have the anti-boogie filter installed

@TheIcarusDescent - which xbox live game did you work on ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's actually not out yet. it's being entered in the dream. build. play. contest this week, and then the actual RELEASE of it will be sometime around july or august. And it's called Sherbet Thieves. lol. It's an independent game. there's a video from very early on in production (with only DEMOS of the music used) at http://bangzerobang.com/games i'd obviously suggest watching at highest res possible (which on the video is 720p). The final mix of the song along with a few random examples of my work can be sampled at http://bartongraham.bandcamp.com
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    could you email me a video file?i tried download helper several times, but it keeps causing issues with the video so i can play it while i compose. which is only SLIGHTLY important. lol

bartongraham@live.com
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh, in AVI or MPEG format if at all possible?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nevermind! fixed the issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nevermind! fixed the issue.
    Use YouTube Downloader.

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Deleted
    Last edited by budwzr; 8th Jun 2011 at 09:10.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXt3ksPSvc

here's an initial concept. let me know what you think. i really could've seen this going in several different directions, but this is the one i liked the most. So i take it you don't need voice over anymore?

oh and i'd like to note that i uploaded the video at 720p but for some reason it only gives an option of 360 at the highest. not sure if there was something i missed there or if youtube just isn't friends with me.
    Last edited by TheIcarusDescent; 8th Jun 2011 at 12:11.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dude! That is AWESOME!!!! Exactly what I had in mind, like a B creature feature. THANKS!!!

I like the way you did the first short hits on the establishing scenes, to set the scenario up first. I wish I had more footage, but my wife thinks this stuff is stupid. Hahahaha.

I took down the voice over because I don't want to be greedy, but I filmed that in my car for the purpose of adding crazy dialog later as a goof. I'm basically "in character" with Bubba teeth and a redneck hat.

In regards to the 720p, it doesn't matter, I'll strip the audio. I got it already.
    Last edited by budwzr; 8th Jun 2011 at 15:40.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, i'll still consider the voice over if i can come up with anything. if you want to toss the link back up. but why don't you let me send the lossless audio to mix in with the video? In fact, here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3Y237F0

i'm really glad you liked it.

the audio quality wasn't too pristine on youtube there. also, if i could ask a favour? That you credit the score to b.graham in some form or another? maybe share a link to my bandcamp if applicable?

and if you post the final product, let me know so i can watch in all it's glory? lol
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    also if you need some music to go with your mushroomcloud intro clip, i can work up a few possibilities for that as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    also if you need some music to go with your mushroomcloud intro clip, i can work up a few possibilities for that as well.
    OK, appreciate that.

Here's the Fatman link: http://youtu.be/VQEyocxF3sg?hd=1

YT screwed up the beginning, but I'll use the original later.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm really glad you liked it.

the audio quality wasn't too pristine on youtube there. also, if i could ask a favour? That you credit the score to b.graham in some form or another? maybe share a link to my bandcamp if applicable?
    Absolutely, I'll take care of that tonight.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I used the good audio and gave you credit at the end.

http://youtu.be/WYbDT1LsIQ4?hd=1
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice! thanks. let me know if you need anything for the Return. And I'll work up something for the intro tonight or tomorrow too, for ya.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice! thanks. let me know if you need anything for the Return. And I'll work up something for the intro tonight or tomorrow too, for ya.
    Hehehe, "The Return" is gonna be a doozie. Then on to BoogerMan 2 The Revenge! Hahaha.

Doing these "projects" as a collaboration is a fun way to get exposed to the different Crafts involved in production.

Oh, BTW, the reason you didn't get a 720p video on YT is because you didn't wait long enough. The 720p comes out last.
    Last edited by budwzr; 8th Jun 2011 at 22:23.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I gave you bit of a nose job while you were 'digging' and attached some runny boogers

LOL just having some fun
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lol, that is one TOXIC boogie!

and as far as the 720p, the vid that i posted still doesn't have it. what was i supposed to wait for? also, i was wondering, the eery tone at the credit(s), was that a part of what i did? because if it is and just pitch shifted, i can transpose the chord and send it to you to use there if you'd like. and i didn't forget about the intro clip music, i got carried away trying to come up with a dubstep bass sound earlier. lol. i'll work on that for you in a couple of minutes here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I gave you bit of a nose job while you were 'digging' and attached some runny boogers LOL
    Hahahahahahaha, that bulge on the nose looks killer!!!!! Not so much on the shiny booger though. Can you just put a "clump" there? Something more realistic? Hahaha, I knew you were going to get into this eventually, PDR.

I'm working on that FatMan in the car clip, to make it like BoogerMan is on to his next victim. I want to add that at the end to go with the "coming soon" teaser.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lol, that is one TOXIC boogie!

and as far as the 720p, the vid that i posted still doesn't have it. what was i supposed to wait for? also, i was wondering, the eery tone at the credit(s), was that a part of what i did? because if it is and just pitch shifted, i can transpose the chord and send it to you to use there if you'd like. and i didn't forget about the intro clip music, i got carried away trying to come up with a dubstep bass sound earlier. lol. i'll work on that for you in a couple of minutes here.
    If you didn't get 720p from YT, then either your file had an issue, or YT had an issue.

The "eerie tone" was a loop I already had. I have Ableton, but I'm not that creative mentally. You probably make your dubstep bass from MIDI, right? Do you make all your own effects, sounds, music, etc.? If so, that's really cool.

Hey, as my sound engineer you get to take all the time you want, I may have to give PDR a credit now for SpecialFX.
    Quote Quote