VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can manage all kinds of capture on a couple of my favorite machines and operating systems, but my Win7 Acer laptop has been a nightmare under certain circumstances. e.g. - I can capture most flvs and mpgs from the web using sothink's free flv capture tool. There are other video presentations where that does not work and other forms of capture either don't provide audio at all or don't even get the video stream (camstudio2). Also, my older video and audio editing software is giving me fits - either won't load on this machine or something else is going on. Almost seems like MS is clamping down on users having the ability to perform such activities.

For starters I could use some help in the direction of synced audio and video capture. Does it seem to you that I may be missing a critical driver for the audio portion of live screen capture or is it more involved than that?

Don't want to take up a lot of time in a thread where this does not belong. Can you just point me in the right direction to find the info I should be looking at?

Thanks - newbie vaudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Likely just an issue with the software that you are using. I use Replay Catcher ( http://www.applian.com/download-videos/ ) without any issues. Captures the full stream (video and audio). I'm using Win7 32.

Note: it's not free. But as with most other things in life, you get what you pay for.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Krispy,

Thanks for the come back. I will try the software you have recommended. I can say that the version of 7 that I have is 64 bit as is the machine, but am willing to take this step by step. This machine will become my primary if I can get this problem solved. I so hate to have to jump back and forth between machines just because I can't get one to do everything I want.

Thanks again. It may take a week or two for me to get this done, but I will let you know the results.

newbie vaudkid
    Quote Quote