VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My other half just bought a Canon VIXIA HF R10. The only way we can view the video straight from the camera is to open Sony Vegas 10. Windows Media Player will not touch it. Is there a media player that you can just view the video?

I bought a Canon VIXIA HV30 a couple of years ago because I didn’t feel like dealing with the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format, and I have no regrets. What I learned then remains today, except it is easier to find software that can edit MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, but still nothing to just view the video as it comes out of the camera, so I wonder why this still is, and why can’t Windows Media Player play it?

I saw some threads on MPC-HC, downloaded it, and freaked out. It couldn’t play anything, and something about Roxio appeared at one time. I removed it from my computer.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try Splash lite.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Install Haali + ffdshow (or any other h.264 decoder) then WMP will probably play it. Or use VLC which has everything built in. Odd the MPCHC had problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try Splash lite.
    Thanks. Splash is a cool little program. Never heard of it before. I have it on two computers now, and it plays anything I throw at it. Windows Media Player no longer needed.

Sorry to take so long getting back to this thread, but I just now had the time to download and try Splash. Thanks for the help.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food
    Quote Quote