VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a bunch of M2TS files that play fine with Media Player Classic or ArcSoft's TMT but have no audio when played in either Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center. I need them to play in Media Center as these files are on a Windows 7 PC used as HTPC. These files are generated by a slideshow program name Muvee.

The audio in the M2TS files according to MediaInfo:

Audio

ID : 4352 (0x1100) Menu ID : 1 (0x1) Format : PCM Format settings, Endianness : Big Format settings, Sign : Signed Muxing mode : Blu-ray Codec ID : 128 Duration : 11mn 20s Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps Channel(s) : 2 channels Channel positions : Front: L R Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz Bit depth : 16 bits Stream size : 125 MiB (6%)
    I also have different M2TS files taken straight out of a Sony HD camcorder that play fine in Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center. The only difference with the problematic M2TS files is the Audio part as per MediaInfo:

Audio

ID : 4352 (0x1100) Menu ID : 1 (0x1) Format : AC-3 Format/Info : Audio Coding 3 Mode extension : CM (complete main) Codec ID : 129 Duration : 16mn 21s Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 448 Kbps Channel(s) : 6 channels Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz Bit depth : 16 bits Compression mode : Lossy Delay relative to video : -835ms Stream size : 52.4 MiB (3%)

Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to get the audio to play in Windows Media Player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried the Muvee forum?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I did, but their forums is mainly for end users. I thought I would come to a forum where more professionals interact.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ideas guys? Is there a way to convert just the audio part of an M2TS file, such as go from PCM to AC-3?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried ac3filter?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try avidemux and xmedia recode, under video choose copy and under audio choose ac3. Convert to a ts or mkv or mp4 file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by majouz View Post
    I have a bunch of M2TS files that play fine with Media Player Classic or ArcSoft's TMT but have no audio when played in either Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center. I need them to play in Media Center as these files are on a Windows 7 PC used as HTPC.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to get the audio to play in Windows Media Player.
    I have the same problem. Seems odd they would play in Classic but not WMP 12. Did you fix this?
    Don't give in to DVD2ONE, that leads to the dark side.
    Quote Quote