VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Good day to everyone,

I have many video files in many different formats and I'd like to convert them all in a single format and stream them from my NAS (and its built-in Twonky Server) to my PS3. Now, I've initially tried with AVS Video Converter to convert them to MP4 with H.264 video codec and "MPEG-2/4" audio codec (only option) and it worked fine, I can adapt the video/audio output to the video/audio input and in the conversion process I keep the only one audio track that I need (if the source has multiple ones) in order to reduce filesize. Everything went well until I needed to convert a video with 5.1 channel audio. I discovered that AVS Video Converter only supports 5.1 with the previous mentioned "MPEG-2/4" codec but if I use it the result is a mute video if I play it in streaming or with Windows Media Player (but I can listen fine with DivX Player). I've searched the net for finding a solution but a complicated world suddenly appears

Is there a way to accomplish this? Some software that can let you convert everything in MP4 (or in another good format for PS3) without altering its video parameters but that can let you choose the audio track and keep it in its 5.1 format (or in another good 5.1 format for PS3)?

Thanks in advance,

Marco
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    XmediaRecode 2.3.0.9 (go to the XmediaRecode page in the Tools section - to your left - and look in the older versions list). It can let you keep AC3 in an MP4 container. That is how I convert my DVDs for the PS3.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Handbrake is pretty limited in the files it can use as source.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote