VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I need an advice. I would like to buy authoring software from Xilisoft (Imtoo), it seems to meet my requirements. I picked up two software up to now:
    Xilisoft DVD Creator and Xilisoft Video to DVD Converter. However both look very similar. what are the diferences? Which one would you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Before buying I'd recommend trying out avstodvd and multiavchd to see if they would meet your needs. Both are freeware.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    one is an authoring program and one is a mpeg converter
    I'd also recommend using freeware before buying
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much both for your replies and recommendation, I' definitely have a look at those freeware. Just one question to Xilisoft I mentioned above: that "Video to DVD Converter" should also be able to create DVD from various types of video files (avi, DivX, Xvid, mov...), shouldn' t it? Just as the DVD creator?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    one is an authoring program and one is a mpeg converter
    They are both authoring programs. Multiavchd and avstodvd both convert to dvd and author.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote