VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,When i play BRRip H.264.AAC.5.1 Videos on MPCHC,i never get a smooth playback & video frezees for seconds,the audio is bit noisy not crystal clear. but when i play the same on VLC everything is fine. can anybody please suggest me any settings i should apply in MPCHC?
    I have trying hard to get this problem solved out but iam totally confused with MPCHC settings, Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance...

I use Sony Vaio Windows 7,64bit,core i3,intel Graphics.
    Quote Quote  
  2. My MPCHC Settings.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	795
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	7117  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	782
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	7118  

Name:	Untitled3.png
Views:	1160
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	7119  

Name:	Untitled4.png
Views:	602
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	7120  

Name:	Untitled5.png
Views:	2411
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	7121  

Quote Quote  
  3. While playing, right click on the window and hover over Filters. What h.264 decoder is in use?

Double click on the h.264 AVC (ffmpeg) decoder and make sure the number of threads is set to 2. Disable h.264 AVC (DXVA). If that doesn't help, try the other way around (enable DXVA, disable ffmpeg). Try the EVR renderers instead of VMR9.
    Last edited by jagabo; 31st May 2011 at 16:55.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Defintely try the EVR renderers. (I just recently switched to Win7 myself). You'll have no problem displaying subtitles.

Also, I should think it would be better to disable the internal Matroska splitter and install Haali. That *might* solve the hiccups you're getting, but in any case I'd recommend doing it.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi jagabo thanks, i think its MPC Decoder in use, how to enable DXVA disable ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Present Video snap & Settings.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by skorpinok View Post
    how to enable DXVA disable ffmpeg?
    Just put a tick in h.264/AVC (DXVA) (it's already ticked in your sample image) and clear h264/AVC (ffmpeg). You have to exit MPCHC and restart it for the change to take effect. DXVA It only works with some of the output devices. You can tell if DXVA is being used by right clicking on the window while playing a video and selecting Filters -> MPC Video Decoder:

Name:	dxva.png
Views:	1627
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	7127
    Quote Quote  
  8. Changes in settings i made

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	562
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	7131  

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	608
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	7132  

Quote Quote  
  9. settings

Name:	Untitled3.png
Views:	1422
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	7133  

Quote Quote  
  10. That shows DXVA is being used along with the EVR renderer. Are you getting smooth playback now? If not, turn off DXVA and use ffmpeg. Any better? If not, try changing the audio renderer to Null Audio Renderer (Any) -- just as a test. Remember, you have to exit MPCHC and restart it for these changes to take effect.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks to your Great help jagabo, now playback is smooth & audio is ok, The colours are bit strong (as u can see in image i posted earlier), is this normal under EVR? or is it normal in MPCHC?.. & just for my knowledge if my movie is in AAC.5.1 Audio will MPCHC output same AAC or ac3?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by skorpinok View Post
    Thanks to your Great help jagabo, now playback is smooth & audio is ok, The colours are bit strong (as u can see in image i posted earlier), is this normal under EVR? or is it normal in MPCHC?..
    Go to your graphics card's setup applet and adjust the video proc amp settings. Use a levels test patter like the one in this post to adjust your levels first:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/326496-file-in-Virtualdub-has-strange-colors-when-o...=1#post2022085

You'll probably find the colors look ok after adjusting the levels.

Originally Posted by skorpinok View Post
    just for my knowledge if my movie is in AAC.5.1 Audio will MPCHC output same AAC or ac3?
    It depends on which AAC decoder you are using. But from your earlier images it looks like you are using MPCHC AAC decoder. Select View -> Options -> Internal Filters. Double click on AAC in the Transform Filters box. Select the mix options you want.
    Quote Quote