VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I seem to have forgotten everything on Avisynth processing, so I need some help. In 2005 I shot a video in 4:3 DV that I purposefully framed to be cropped during editing. I cropped with Avid back then, but I failed to do one thing which was blowing and anamorphisizing it to full 16:9 at the output. In those times most TVs still were 4:3, and I just wanted it to look like a film, with the black bars up and down. With plasma or LCD TVs I can zoom in, but quality varies from TV to TV. Unfortunately I don't have access to the full Avid edit, because I would have to re-load some shots and I would be a difficult task to achieve. What I do have are my DVD copies, and I wonder how should I proceed to do this conversion with Avisynth. So what I want is blow up a 4:3 letter-boxed video to 16:9.
    Quote Quote  
  2. For NTSC, crop 60 from both top and bottom (or any combination totaling 120) and resize to 720x480.

For PAL, crop 72 from both top and bottom (or any combination totaling 144) and resize to 720x576.

Encode for 16:9.

If it's interlaced it has to be handled differently.
    Last edited by manono; 1st Jun 2011 at 04:30.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, yes. It is interlaced this file. It comes from a DVD. The original was DV, but I can't get to it anymore. Non-related question: why is it that when I upload this message, punctuation is changed and not kept as I wrote it? It wasn't that way before.
    Quote Quote  
  4. They explained how to do the interlaced resize for you at Doom9. Bob it, filter it (crop, resize, sharpen, whatever), reinterlace it.

I don't know the answer to your second question and haven't experienced anything being changed when I post.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, they did. I asked here first, but as it was taking too long I went there too. Thanks to you anyway. About the second question, I wonder what's causing it. I bet this text will go up with no lines in between, as I wrote it.
    Quote Quote