VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Ehm, i may add a question, i see that some movies has comp lines, even though the other two movies i have shown was removed when doing noise filtering and the rest. But what is the recommended deinterlacing, i have tried leakkerneldeint, but it creates a weird ghosting in result. and Yadif created bad interpolation (think that is what it is at least), so any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. QTGMC should give the best results as far as i know

QTGMC( Preset="Medium" )
    SelectEven() # keep original framerate, leave it out for smoother doubled framerate
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are you referring to the same source or some other animation ?

You wouldn't deinterlace if the movie is telecined. Animation is very rarely interlaced

If it's progressive but there is residual combing, use another filter like vinverse

If you don't know what it is, post a sample
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it's true interlaced video QTGMC() is good. If it's just out of phase PAL use TFM().
    Quote Quote  
  5. Itīs now what i have shown, but the one i was thinking on was interlaced everywhere as far as i can tell, pretty much every time someone moved "half" of him/her was moving, if you know what i mean

But if itīs interlaced only in some places, i will try vinverse i guess.
    But shouldnīt all VCR sources be interlaced?

EDIT: uploaded from a film i am unsure of.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by zerowalker; 24th Jun 2011 at 05:15.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That video has the problem mentioned earlier in this thread -- something wrong with the chroma channels.

In addition the analog source appears to be a field blended NTSC to PAL conversion. That will require SRestore() to remove the blended fields:

AviSource("Dink.avi")
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    SRestore()
    The output will be 23.976 fps progressive. The results won't be perfect (especially with the chroma problem) but it will be much improved.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hmm, but why is it NTSC converstion, i got a PAL VCR, and capture at 25 fps.
    But will try it out, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
    Hmm, but why is it NTSC converstion, i got a PAL VCR, and capture at 25 fps.
    Because the TV studio had NTSC tapes and converted to PAL for broadcast.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Okay, itīs not from a broadcast, but i guess that just means they have converted the international tapes to Pal or something.
    To bad that this causes issues though, but how can i detect this conversation, cause i guess not all have them?
    Quote Quote  
  10. you can improve the chroma problem by adding chubbyrain2() before the other filters

AVISource()
    ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
    Chubbyrain2()
    #other filters

QTGMC does give better results than yadif here (it usually does), even on faster presets

To bad that this causes issues though, but how can i detect this conversation, cause i guess not all have them?
    Look for field blends (mix between image before and after)

AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()

and step through each field in vdub or avspmod, you will notice blended fields. This doesn't automatically mean it's been a NTSC=>PAL fieldblend conversion (there can be other reasons for field blends), but it's a first clue
    Quote Quote  
  11. Okay, gonna try it with chubbyrain and the rest, seems nice on preview, but should i do

AVISource("C:\Dink den lille dinosaurien\Dink.avi")
    ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
    AssumeTFF()
    Chubbyrain2()
    QTGMC( Preset="Medium" )
    SRestore()

And then do noise filtering, from the made AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  12. There also is this solution for telecine:

AssumeTFF()
    TFM() # filter TIVTC
    TDecimate()

Not sure if it's suited for pal
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    There also is this solution for telecine:

AssumeTFF()
    TFM() # filter TIVTC
    TDecimate()

Not sure if it's suited for pal
    It's fine for NTSC. For PAL where progressive sources have fields paired out-of-phase so the frames are interlaced, you just use TFM().
    Quote Quote  
  14. i canīt seem to remove the blending in this movie, i tried to play around, set 12.5 fps or use TFM() or Vinverse, but the transparent frames was still there "untouched". Anyone got any ideas?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. This seemed to work fairly well:

Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    SRestore(frate=12)
    The clip (uncompressed RGB?) was too short to say for sure.
    Last edited by jagabo; 25th Jun 2011 at 07:33.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Okay, uploaded another clip, i tried FPS at 12 with QTGMC as i canīt get Yadif to work, but still get blended pictures, this one was a bit "bugged" when i captured it though, maybe should recapture.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  17. That's some sad video. Many frames aren't represented by any clear fields. I don't think you'll never get clean results out of it. The frame rate of the original progressive frames appears to be 25 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Well, the good thing is that this is one for the least of my care, but you think itīs a capture issue?
    cause at start when a rocket was launched, everything became blue and wave like (like when i was gonna play Snes and certain effects happened).
    If itīs not a capture issue and the video itself, then nothing can really be done, except denoise and sharpening maybe
    Quote Quote  
  19. I don't think it could be a capture problem. There's some possibility some of the deblending filters might be able to help. But I don't now much about it. See UnBlend(), DeBlend(), c_Deblend(), RemoveBlend().
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hmm, okay will try it out, and maybe recapture just to be safe, but itīs one of the less important tapes i want to keep as i said before, but i donīt feel like giving up just yet

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  21. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/artifacts.png/
    how do you remove these stripe things?
    is there any filter for it, and what is it called?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. That's called "herringbone" noise. It's often caused by grounding problems between the VHS deck, capture device, and computer. It's best to eliminate those grounding problems. Make sure all are plugged into the same outlet. If that doesn't help I'm not sure how you're going to get rid of it. Maybe Neat Video if you can find a large area with the noise to sample.

By the way, you should upload images at the actual captured frame size, not enlargements.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yeah sorry for the enlargement used print screen.
    Donīt know what you mean by grounding problems, i have a Vcr and i got a composite cable going from the back of it into my capture card.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Different outlets in the house may have different ground levels. This can cause ground loops -- a source of noise. Also make sure nothing is plugged into a cable TV outlet. That's another source of grounding problems. Only connect the devices and cables you need for capturing.
    Quote Quote  
  25. There is no TV outlet in the room, and for the power outlet itīs in an adapter with many of them (donīt know what its called).
    And there are many cables where the composite cables are going, as itīs the back of my pc.
    What do you recommend i do to see if itīs the reason?

EDIT: would there be a matter with good cables, like Monster for Composite (maybe audio as well)?
    Last edited by zerowalker; 6th Aug 2011 at 09:54.
    Quote Quote  
  26. still got the problems with orange lines, itīs gone or atleast alot better when converting to YV12.
    But if you check this clip, i got problem with the Delay, itīs like the FPS is about 11 or something, so i would like to ask for help
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  27. There's something very wrong with the chroma channels in that video. They are interlaced but instead of line by line it's by pairs of lines. I'm not sure how that can happen or how it can be fixed. In addition to that the luma has blended fields. The blended fields are probably on the tape and in the original broadcast. The weird chroma is probably a capture problem. I suspect the driver is combining the wrong chroma channels with the luma channel.

The video was captured as 25 fps but I think the original animation was 12 fps -- converted with a field blend.

ConvertToYV12() cleans up the chroma channels because it blurs them together. But that means you get a blur of both chroma channels with each field. So you get blotches of color when there's motion.

Is that exactly the way it was captured? You haven't converted anything, right?

I'll have more time to look at this tomorrow...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Thank you very much as always.

Yes this is the original opened in virtualdub, it looked like that when i captured as well.
    It has happened to all of my captures which i find very annoying now that i think about it.
    I captured this video as follows.
    Set Custom Format: 720x576
    Compression- ULY2 or UT Video Codec YUV2 (first time i tried it with capture after i read you recommended it)

For Capture Card itīs an old one i bought of from someone, he said he took very good care of his electronics as he had worked with such things, so itīs probably not damaged. However, the drivers i use or a bit Extraordinary as if i remember correctly there wasnīt any drivers so i had to use other ones which made the card work, or something like that. I thought that if it shows the picture okay, i guess it works, but maybe that is the source of the problem. Or of course the card itself, or maybe even something before it reaches the card.

I will leave the theory to you, as i am not good at this.
    But as always i am very grateful to whoever helps me out.

EDIT: i ordered http://www.pixmania.se/se/se/4311511/art/avermedia/tv-kort-hybrid-capture-hd.html
    as it should be alot better than mine, and i can capture digital media.

There is nothing different or bad with converting analog to digital before it reaches the card as you do with this right?
    it can still capture everything etc;O?
    Last edited by zerowalker; 10th Aug 2011 at 07:20.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I still don't know exactly what the problem is but here's a workaround for the green and red stripes:

AviSource("delayHUFF.avi")
    AssumeTFF()

# blur the chroma channels vertically to remove the stripes
    # but keep the original luma channel
    MergeChroma(last,BicubicResize(width,height/4).BicubicResize(width,height))

# restore the original 23.976 fps, eliminate most of the field blending
    Yadif(order=1, mode=1)
    SRestore(frate=23.976)

ChromaShift(C=-4, L=-2) #shift the colors left by 4 pixels, up by 2 pixels
    ConvertToYV12()
    MergeChroma(awarpsharp2(depth=48)) #sharpen the colors

ColorYUV(off_u=-4) #adjust the white balance -- make the girl's hat white
    ColorYUV(cont_u=50, cont_v=50) # increase the saturation
    Now the video is ready for some noise reduction. But there is some chroma blending left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blurc.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	8101

I'm still looking into a real fix for the color stripes...

The computer I'm working on doesn't have a ULY2 decoder so I used another to convert to HuffYUV.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Aug 2011 at 07:23.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I edited upp but will post it here

EDIT: i ordered http://www.pixmania.se/se/se/4311511...apture-hd.html
    as it should be alot better than mine, and i can capture digital media.

There is nothing different or bad with converting analog to digital before it reaches the card as you do with this right?
    it can still capture everything, the resolution and such etc;O?

Nice, but if i use the new card, you think the problem will be solved?
    As i donīt really like having the problem, But will of course use the suggestions if it canīt be solved!
    Last edited by zerowalker; 10th Aug 2011 at 07:31.
    Quote Quote