VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using this program for awhile now with no problems, however, I just swapped MBs and reformatted. Just installed Xmedia and there is no video preview anymore. The screen is just gray. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it work fine to convert?
    Can you play the video in windows media player? Maybe it requires correct codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    K Lite codec pack is installed. All videos play with WMP ( I use VLC though). First time I tried to encode, Xmedia got an error message and closed and the drWatson Postmordem Debugger window came up. I tried a couple of more times and as soon as encoding process started, it brought my PC to a halt and pretty much did nothing. This happens with all versions (portable also).
    Last edited by smackyourfupa; 31st May 2011 at 04:53.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think XMR uses Windows codecs. Perhaps for the preview, but it uses its ffmpeg dlls to encode.
    So being able to play a video in a player is no guarantee, though it may indicate if the media file is good or not.

XMR tends to have good and bad releases, some work for some people and some don't. Try a previous version and see if any work for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but I have already tried 4 diff versions.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This problem is bugging the shit out of me. I was in the process of converting all my DVDs to MKV with this program and had to stop because of this. If anyone can help, please do. It was working fine until I changed my motherboard (ASUS A8V-VM SE) and CPU and reformatted with XP which is what I used before (same disc).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still have not figured this out. The motherboard is an ASUS A8V-VM SE using the integrated video. No one has any other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe a video card video overlay/hardware acceleration issue. Tried update to latest video drivers?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Maybe a video card video overlay/hardware acceleration issue. Tried update to latest video drivers?
    Yes latest drivers are installed.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since I last posted I have found more problems with other video encoding programs. With Nero Vision Express, after I add a video and get to the very last screen before burning where it plays the video, my PC crashes.
    With ConvertXtoDVD, as soon as I open the program, my PC crashes.
    Here is the screen that comes up after the crash.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0616031332.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	477.7 KB
ID:	7384
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i solved this issue by installing a graphics card and not using the onboard graphics in case anyone else runs into this problem.
    Quote Quote