VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Pansonic DMC-TZ5 digital camera that films movies in a .MOV format and apparently in HD, I have two queries:-

Query 1
    Can someone recommend a free software tool that will allow me to convert from .MOV to .AVI so that I use the .AVI version within Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media player etc.

Query 2
    As the .MOV movies are supposed to be HD quality and viewable in HD on an HD TV, will the conversion to .AVI via software on the PC still retain the HD quality so that I can specifiy HD quality when cutting the movie to a DVD?

These may seem very basic questions, but I would really appreciate some advise.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. Try mp4camtoavi. If it fails try freemake video converter, xmedia recode or mpeg streamclip.
    2. Yes. But if you make standard dvd-video it wont be any HD quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I THOUGHT I WOULD DOWLOAD FREEMAKE VIDEO AS IT LOOKED EASY TO USE BUT ENDED UP WITH THE PROBLEM DETAILED BELOW SO SEND AN EMAIL TO THE SUPPORT EMAIL ADDRESS BUT TODATE NO REPLY.

Hi,
    Can you please assist, I downloaded version 2.1.5 of Freemake Video, because it looks simple to use but having copied a .MOV and then requesting conversion to .AVI, the conversion states successful but when the resultant .AVI is viewed there is no sound.

The original .MOV when copied into Freemake prior to conversion states MJPEG & PCM_U8.

I have also uploaded the original .mov to filefactory.com, the identity is shown below:-
    P1000152.MOV
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/cb9bc6b/n/P1000152.MOV

I really hope you can assist as I want to be able to use your software to convert from .mov
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try the other toools I mentioned.
    Quote Quote