VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, how to configure ffdshow with MPCHC ? so that i can get some good a/v output. i got no idea about this one so any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You want to use ffdshow's post processing filters? In MPCHC select View -> Options -> External Filters (left pane) -> Add Filter... (button) -> ffdshow raw video filter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried but its not working,whatever audio & video settings i apply in ffdshow isn't working in MPCHC.. nor i get any changes in audio & video of MPCHC,are there any further settings i wud like to make.? if yes please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My MPCHC Settings..
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	22676
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	7064  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	20540
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	7065  

Quote Quote  
  5. MPCHC SETTINGS
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.png
Views:	19964
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	7066  

Name:	Untitled4.png
Views:	20337
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	7067  

Quote Quote  
  6. The MPCHC settings look fine. Did you try an obvious filter like Flip (upside down)?

Name:	flip.png
Views:	32209
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	7069

Are you running 64 bit Windows? Keep in mind that 64 bit players require 64 bit codecs and filters, and 32 bit players require 32 bit codecs and filters.

I just tried using 32 bit ffdshow and 32 bit MPCHC under Windows 7 64 bit. The only output device for which the ffdshow filter seemed to work was "System Default". Also under ffdshow's codec settings make sure the "Raw Video" codec is enabled.
    Last edited by jagabo; 29th May 2011 at 12:43.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The MPCHC settings doesn't look fine.
    If you want to use external filters you must uncheck internal filters first(not all but those with the same function).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi..jagabo thanks 4ur reply.sorry i made a mistake previously i had checked all transform filters..now i unchecked them..& its fine now MPCHC is configured to ffdshow..& great thanks to t40... Any idea regarding best audio/Video settings under ffdshow? in case if i watch Avatar Extended Edition.H264.AAC.5.1.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Guess you should add ffdshow DXVA Video decoder in external filters tab.
    And if your system is Win7 (looking the pics) you should use EVR Custom Presenter as renderer instead of VMR-9.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by -t40- View Post
    The MPCHC settings doesn't look fine.
    If you want to use external filters you must uncheck internal filters first(not all but those with the same function).
    No. If you enable the "Raw Video" filter in ffdshow, and add ffdshow as an external filter in MPCHC, all video that gets sent to the screen (whether it was decoded by ffdshow or not) will be post processed by ffdshow. I thought this is what the OP wanted to do.

Of course, if you disable MPCHC's internal decoders, and ffshow is set up to decode your video, you will get the post processor too. In that case you don't need to add ffdshow as an external filter to MPCHC, the post processing will occur as part of the decoding. That should work better with Vista and Win7 because the raw decoder only works with some of the output modules there.

On my Win7 machine I can't use the VMR9 renderless, EVR Custom Preset, or EVR Custom Sync output modules. They all cause over sharpening of the picture even though I've turned off all video processing in the graphics driver.
    Last edited by jagabo; 29th May 2011 at 19:30.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by -t40- View Post
    Guess you should add ffdshow DXVA Video decoder in external filters tab.
    And if your system is Win7 (looking the pics) you should use EVR Custom Presenter as renderer instead of VMR-9.
    Used EVR Custom Presenter before then i unchecked it coz it makes even a high quality video pixalated all over screen..
    Quote Quote  
  12. Unfortunately, all the graphics card manufacturers have screwed up with their video renderers. They all seem to have different problems. All I can suggest is you upgrade to the latest WHQL certified drivers for your graphics card.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by -t40- View Post
    The MPCHC settings doesn't look fine.
    Yeah, if you already have all the splitters and codecs on your computer, you're probably better off turning everything off and only adding something when you can't play the file. I don't have a whole lot checked and have to uncheck stuff all the time when a file that should play doesn't or doesn't play correctly.

I don't know why they have everything ticked by default. I don't remember having to untick everything when the early versions came out. I guess they have to compete with VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  14. i ticked all by default to carry out a trial & error test coz im not so good at MPCHC.., this is a tough media player with lot of interesting & confusing stuff. vlc is easy but limited.i used The matrix H.264.AAC.5.1 Movie for testing purposes as this movie got a dark theme & outstanding audio effect.
    Quote Quote