VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Sony Vegas Pro (version 10d). I have a video witch take with my camera with duration about 60 minutes.
    This video shows one sunset.I place the camera still on a tripod shooting the sun for one hour.
    I want to make a movie witch will show the sun go to sunset in very fast movement ( like fast forward) and the clouds around
    pass very quicly!!

In witch way can i do this????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try with a velocity envelope, which will let you speed this footage up by 100%, but I believe you will be better off processing this footage outside Vegas first - perhaps in avisynth or virtualdub - then bringing the finished results into Vegas to add to your final cut. Both have much better decimation capabilities than Vegas if you want to get 1 hour of footage down to only a minute or two (you don't actually say how long you want it to run for)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I use Sony Vegas Studio 10 - isn't the best way to hold down control and click one edge of your video and pull it in to make it run faster?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Velocity Envelope gives you far more control, plus you can keyframe it to ramp in and out of the changes as necessary. I believe there is a difference in how the effect is rendered between the two methods as well.

Still, the OP loses nothing by trying both methods.

I stll think Vegas is limited on just how much change it can handle for a speed up, and 1 hour down to a minute or so is too big an ask. A proper decimation method is needed instead.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I'm not sure what the Velocity Envelope is. Is this only on Vegas Pro? I only have Vegas Studio 10 right now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might be a pro option. Right-click on a clip on the time line and it should be there under Insert/Remove Envelope. It has been there since at least version 7.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HoosierGuy View Post
    I use Sony Vegas Studio 10 - isn't the best way to hold down control and click one edge of your video and pull it in to make it run faster?
    What I do on stuff like that is time-compress it as far as it will go, then render to new track, then repeat as often as necessary.

A sunset will come out very nice because there is so little change between frames.

Multi-rendering to "distill" is useful for other things too. That's basically what you're doing is "reducing", like making a gravy, or thickening a soup.
    Last edited by budwzr; 1st Jun 2011 at 12:14.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Check out Corel Video Studio Pro X4. It states that it can do that.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1175714228541#tabview=tab1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Edit a video with Sony Vegas
    Quote Quote